Thank you to all of you for your support for the local food banks through our harvest festival on Friday. All of your donations went to St Luke’s Church to be presented during the service on Sunday and then distributed to local food banks.
As you may be aware there is a huge demand for boxes and support from the local food banks and they do an amazing job in helping people in our community. We have been fortunate enough to receive donations from Rapid Relief Team who provide boxes with food that has a long shelf life for people to access. If you, or anyone you know, could do with support from this charity, please contact Mrs Armistead direct to arrange – email@example.com OR 01524 65445.
On Tuesday 27th September the Bishop of Lancaster, Right Reverend Dr Jill Duff, will be in school to conduct the official opening of our new build. This will be conducted in the hall at 9.30am and all of the children and special guests will join us. Unfortunately we don’t have enough room in school to invite all parents to join us, but we would like to invite you to come for a look around school from 3.30pm on Tuesday 27th.
You’ve seen the changes from the outside, now come and see them inside the building.
Ways to get involved
• Join in Friends of Skerton St Luke’s (FOSSL) activities. All parents of pupils at the school are automatically members of FOSSL so anyone can come along to meetings and join in with all fundraising etc. For more information email friends of firstname.lastname@example.org or DM on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/friendsofstlukesschool
• Become a School Governor. School governors are volunteers who work together with the Headteacher and the local authority to improve education and other outcomes for all pupils. The governors meet as a full governing body three times per year. If you would like to know more about this role please contact Mrs Armistead on 01524 65445 or email email@example.com.
• Volunteer to listen to children read. If you have some time to spare, a good grasp of written English, and if you enjoy spending time with children, you could become a school reader. For more information please contact Mrs Goodwin on 01524 65445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Offer to lead an after school club/ lunch time club in the Spring or Summer Term. We love offering different extra-curricular activities to the children in school. If you have a particular skill that you would like to share with children then consider offering to lead a club in school. Some examples might be gardening, sewing or cooking. For information please contact Miss Garnett on 01524 65445 or email email@example.com.
• Join Drop In on Wednesday straight after school. Parents can join their child in the classroom to chat about and see what they have been learning. No need to book, just turn up.