Our Junior Leadership Team (JLT)
At Skerton St Luke’s we believe it is important to listen to our pupils and allow their voices to be heard. All pupils' views and opinions count!
How our JLT works
Our JLT is led and supported by Mrs Wood, our Yr4 class teacher. We meet once a week to talk about issues that have been raised by the children, and discuss how we can make changes for ourselves, our school, and the wider community, to make where we learn and live a happier, safer place. Some great changes have taken place this year thanks to JLT. We have been instrumental in the following:
- Litter picking around school
- Children in Need fundraising
- School disco to raise funds for the victims of Grenfell Tower
- 'Stop it, Drop it, Read it' event to raise money for school
Mission this year:
- Elf run to support St John’s Hospice
- Cards for Kindness to bridge the gap between existing generations in our community
- Big focus on recycling in the community, at school and at home.
Our JLT members will form sub teams to represent an area of learning within school to ensure we strive to meet standards in subject areas to continue to grow, learn and develop together.
Please look out for updates on our newsletter and of course right here.