Our Junior Leadership Team (JLT)
At Skerton St Luke’s we believe it is important to listen to our pupils and allow their voices to be heard. All pupils' views and opinions count!
Year 5 pupils can stand for election to become a member of JLT in the autumn term. The successful candidates join the existing 6 members who were elected in Year 5, and continue to represent the school in Year 6. Be the change you want to see is the motto we go by, to ensure that as young leaders we act responsibly as positive role-models.
Our current JLT members for 2019-2020 are:
Liam Y6, Dexter Y6, Summer Y6, Daisy- Mae Y6, Nathan Y6, Tom Y6.
Currently, children in Yr5 are being nominated for the council and are preparing speeches to attract votes. A ballot will take place soon.
How our JLT works
Our JLT is led and supported by Miss Butler, our Yr4 class teacher. We meet once a week to talk about issues that have been raised by the children, and discuss how we can make changes for ourselves, our school, and the wider community, to make where we learn and live a happier, safer place. Some great changes have taken place this year thanks to JLT. We have been instrumental in the following:
- Litter picking around school
- Children in Need fundraising
- School disco to raise funds for the victims of Grenfell Tower
- 'Stop it, Drop it, Read it' event to raise money for school
Mission this year:
- Elf run to support St John’s Hospice
- Cards for Kindness to bridge the gap between existing generations in our community
- A look at recycling in the community, at school and at home
- Letter to the council regarding derelict house next to school
Our JLT members will form sub teams to represent an area of learning within school to ensure we strive to meet standards in subject areas to continue to grow, learn and develop together.
Please look out for updates on our newsletter and of course right here.