Our Junior Leadership Team (JLT)
At Skerton St Luke’s we believe it is important to listen to our pupils and allow their voices to be heard. All pupils' views and opinions count!
Year 5 pupils can stand for election to become a member of JLT in the autumn term. The successful candidates join the existing 6 members who were elected in Year 5, and continue to represent the school in Year 6. Be the change you want to see is the motto we go by, to ensure that as young leaders we act responsibly as positive role-models.
Our current JLT members for 2018-2019 are:
Charlie Y6, Evelyn Y6, Ted Y6, Elise Y6, Jessica Y6, Bethany Y6.
A warm welcome to our newest members:
Liam Y5, Dexter Y5, Summer Y5, Daisy- Mae Y5, Nathan Y5, Tom Y5.
How our JLT works
Our JLT is led and supported by Mrs Goodwin, our Reception class teacher. We meet once a week to talk about issues that have been raised by the children, and discuss how we can make changes for ourselves, our school, and the wider community, to make where we learn and live a happier, safer place. Some great changes have taken place this year thanks to JLT. We have been instrumental in the following:
- A much-needed litter pick around school
- Children in Need fundraising
- School disco to raise funds for the victims of Grenfell Tower
Events planned for this year:
- Reverse Advent calendar – Olive Branch
- Elf run to support St John’s Hospice
- Cards for Kindness to bridge the gap between existing generations in our community
- Monthly visits to Nutmeg – St Luke’s Church group to close the generation gap in our local area
- Sponsored read in school “Stop it, Drop it, Read!” to raise funds for further reading material to enhance learning across school
Our JLT members will form sub teams to represent an area of learning within school to ensure we strive to meet standards in subject areas to continue to grow, learn and develop together.
Please look out for updates on our newsletter and of course right here.