Newsletter - 25th November 2022
If your child is having difficulties in school, please contact the class teacher to discuss your concerns in the first instance. If you need further advice or support, please make an appointment to speak to a member of the Pastoral Team, the Special Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator or Mrs Armistead. If we are unaware of the issues/ concerns then we can’t fix them. Most of the time issues arise from misunderstanding and miscommunication and are solvable through working together. Please remember we have your child’s best interests at the heart of all we do. We are well on our way towards Advent and Christmas. We do our very best to ensure you have the dates and times of all events in school, however sometimes events crop up. I urge you to check the ‘Dates for your Diary’ which is at the end of this newsletter to ensure that you don’t miss out on any activities in school. *Please note change in start time for Reception Nativity. It is also important your Parent App notifications are turned on so you do not miss any important messages. WARM SANCTUARY – Parents and carers are always invited to join us for Celebration Worship on Friday mornings in the school hall. I would like to extend the invitation for parents and carers to stay after the children have gone back to class, have a cup of tea or coffee and a chance to be in the warm environment for a while. Please feel free to bring your phone or tablet (with chargers) and use the school electricity to charge your equipment before the weekend. If you are finding things a struggle at the moment please make an appointment to come and speak to myself or one of our pastoral team in school. Maybe we can help to signpost you to further support or just be a listening ear. Sometimes just a chat can ease your stress and let you know you are not alone. Please feel free to ring school and choose Option 3 to speak to a member of the Pastoral Team. Kind Regards, Mrs Armistead
As you may be aware there is a huge demand for boxes and support from the local food banks and they do an amazing job in helping people in our community. We continue to be fortunate enough to receive donations from Rapid Relief Team who provide boxes with food that has a long shelf life for people to access. If you, or anyone you know, could do with support from this charity, please contact Mrs Armistead direct to arrange – email@example.com OR 01524 65445.
You should have received a parental questionnaire to complete and return to school. We really value your opinion about school and are always looking to celebrate what we do well, to build on successes and work with you to make improvements. Please ensure you return this to school by Friday 2nd December.
If your child is going to be absent from school for any reason, you must inform the school office. You can do this by Parent App, telephone call or telephone answer message. Please do not send absence messages to Teachers/TA’s through Class Dojo.
Ways to get involved
- Join in Friends of Skerton St Luke’s (FOSSL) activities. All parents of pupils at the school are automatically members of FOSSL so anyone can come along to meetings and join in with all fundraising etc. Keep an eye out for the up-coming Christmas events Newsletter. For more information email friends of firstname.lastname@example.org or DM on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/friendsofstlukesschool
- Become a School Governor. School governors are volunteers who work together with the Headteacher and the local authority to improve education and other outcomes for all pupils. The governors meet as a full governing body three times per year. If you would like to know more about this role please contact Mrs Armistead on 01524 65445 or email email@example.com.
- Volunteer to listen to children read. If you have some time to spare, a good grasp of written English, and if you enjoy spending time with children, you could become a school reader. For more information please contact Mrs Goodwin on 01524 65445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offer to lead an after school club/ lunch time club in the Spring or Summer Term. We love offering different extra-curricular activities to the children in school. If you have a particular skill that you would like to share with children then consider offering to lead a club in school. Some examples might be gardening, sewing or cooking. For information please contact Miss Garnett on 01524 65445 or email email@example.com.
- Join Drop In on Wednesday straight after school. Parents can join their child in the classroom to chat about and see what they have been learning. No need to book, just turn up.
Children arriving late, after 8.55am, should be accompanied by an adult to the School Office at the front of school. Parents and visitors must sign in and enter school through the secure entrance at the front of school. If your child arrives between 8.55am and 9.15am, they will be marked as late. If your child arrives after 9:15am they will be marked in the register as unauthorised 'late after registers closed’.
You may be subject to a penalty notice if your child is consistently late for school.
Primary School applications are open
Apply now at www.lancashire.gov.uk/schools
Closing date for Primary - 15th January 2023
|Dates for your Diary!|
|29/11/22||Life Education classes in school|
|30/11/22||Life Education classes in school|
|30/11/22||Nasal Flu Spray for all children|
|01/12/22||Snuggle up with a Book - School Hall. All children welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.|
|02/12/22||Year 2 sharing Celebration Worship and Non-Uniform Day - bring tombola prizes for Christmas Fair|
|06/12/22||2.00pm Reception Class Nativity followed by refreshments|
|07/12/22||2.00pm KS1 Nativity|
|08/12/22||9.15am KS1 Nativity|
|09/12/22||Christmas Jumper Day. 1.30pm Elf run for St John's Hospice. 3.30pm Christmas Fair|
|10/12/22||12.00-3.00pm St Luke's Church Christmas Fair|
|12/12/22||KS1 Christmas Party and Dinner|
|13/12/22||KS2 Christmas Party and Dinner|
|15/12/22||Reception and KS1 Disco 4.00 - 5.00pm. KS2 Disco 5.30-6.30pm|
|16/12/22||9.00am Carol Service in Church. School finishes at 2.00pm!|