New Reception Class 2021
September to October
The children attend school for the first two weeks visiting in Bubbles. The first week with a parent and the following week without the parent.
The usual induction then begins with your child being placed into Group A or Group B according to their date of birth. This information has been previously shared with you in the Admissions Pack.
During this time, we will be collecting information from you as the parent and first educator, getting to know your child, their needs, wants and interests, while planning an enquiry-based curriculum to provide experiences and opportunities for every child to learn and succeed within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Class Dojo is set up during the initial visit. This is our school platform for home learning and home/class information. Once a child’s account has been assigned to your parent account you can share your child’s achievements outside of school and we can share learning and progress of your child with you. It is really important you check the Class Story on Dojo daily for Class information, messages and how you can support your child’s learning at home. Parent App is used for school information and sent directly to you for you to access.
If you are not connected to Parent App, we urge you to do so as important information is shared directly with you through this App.
We will hold an Early Years Information session, a Phonics workshop and Maths workshop over this term where you are invited to attend to learn what goes on in our school and how your child learns – dates to be confirmed.
- What to expect in the Early Years Foundation stage: a guide for parents
- Help Prepare Your Child - Induction to Reception Class of 2021
- Induction Plan for New Reception September 2021
- All about Mrs Goodwin - Reception Classteacher
- All about Miss Grime - Reception Teaching Assistant
- All about Mrs Stanborough - Reception Teaching Assistant
- Boasting Books
- Ready Steady School
- Welcome to Skerton St Luke's Reception Class of 2021
- School Information Leaflet : Routines
- Steps to Starting School
- Settling Into School
- How to Help Reading
- How to Help Writing
- How to Help Phonics
- How to Help Maths
- Uniform Price List (Uniform & Leisure). Your child's 1st House PE t-shirt & school book bag will be supplied free of charge direct from school
- Examples Of Uniform